Van Ministry Schedules & Info
Thank you to everyone who has agreed to be part of the Children’s Van Ministry. This is an endeavor that is near and dear to my heart. I am so thrilled that our congregation sees the importance of reaching children who want to come to church even if their families are not yet to the point of joining them! I truly believe that God is going to use this to change hearts and feed into the lives of the next generation!
1) If you have never filled out paperwork to drive a church van before, please see me or contact Beth
Lilley at the church office to do so before you begin driving. More than anything this is a protective
thing for you that goes along with our church insurance.
2) Each Van will have 2 folders.
A) One folder is to record the beginning mileage at the start of your trip and the final mileage at the end of the route. Please complete this every time you drive the van. This same folder will also have information about the van and contact protocol in case you are ever involved in an accident.
B) The second folder is contact information on the children that we are picking up and dropping off. This has the children’s addresses, contact information, etc.
3) I will give you a route sheet each week with which children you are picking up. Your Chaperone should
use this list and the child’s information in the folder to navigate for the driver.
4) If you are picking a child up, please have the chaperone approach the door and escort the child to the
van. If there is no immediate answer, try calling the number on file in the child’s contact information. If
there is still no response, leave the parent a voicemail if possible telling them that you are with FCCHP
and that you attempted to pick their child up but there was no answer. If this happens, be sure to let
Danny know. We will not continue to pick up at locations where people habitually cancel without notice.
5) If you are dropping kids off, we must see an adult at the time of drop-off. DO NOT allow a child to let
themselves in the home without seeing an adult. If no adult comes to the door, once again call using the
folder. If you cannot reach the parent, begin calling the emergency contacts. (If you are still unable to
reach anyone, call Danny Sink at 336-816-0094 but do not release the child.)
6) All children should sit in the seats closest to the front of the van. All children must wear seatbelts, and
must be buckled before the van begins to move. Any child under the age of 8 must use the booster
seats provided in the church van.
7) All drivers and chaperones should be at the church by 7:55 AM on the days they are transporting. Van 1
must leave at 8 AM, Van 2 must leave by 8:10 AM. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. If we add
additional children, this could change with very little notice. In order for me to get you an up-to-date
pick-up list, I need everyone at the church before the 1st Van leaves.
8) IF FOR ANY REASON YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO PARTICIPATE ON A DAY YOU ARE ASSIGNED,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WITH AS MUCH ADVANCED NOTICE AS POSSIBLE. VANS WILL NOT BE
ALLOWED TO TRANSPORT WITHOUT BOTH A DRIVER AND A CHAPERONE.